Versatile Blogger Award

by Heather @ Health Happiness and Hope on April 5, 2011

A couple of days ago, Matt from the Athlete’s Plate (AWESOME guy… check out his blog ASAP!) awarded me with the “Versatile Blogger” Award.

The Versatile Blogger Award Rules

1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
  2. Tell 7 Random facts about yourself.
  3. Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
  4. Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it… or not.

So here’s my 7 Random Things about me:

1.  My favorite food of all time is an apple.  Apples are literally the ONE thing you can be sure I will always have on hand.  Case in point – my fridge right now:

IMG_4850

APPLES! :)

2.  I LOVE to read.  I read some novels/fictional book, but I mostly read positive, inspirational, self-improvement type books.  If you want a list of my all-time favorite books, check out my Favorites tab at the top of the page.

3.  I drive a 1999 Ford Taurus.

image

(Old picture… but pretty typical of Wisconsin.)  This car went through both of my brothers before getting to me, and I’ve been driving it since I got my license.  I am in love with my car, mainly because it is the most trustworthy car EVER.  Seriously, this thing will last FOR-EV-ER!

4.  Although I am a Freshman in college, I decided to bypass the whole “dorm” living situation and get my own one-bedroom apartment downtown.  It’s a beautiful place with my own full kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom, and balcony.  I’ve always been extremely independent and actually moved into my apartment the summer BEFORE college even started.  I LOVE living on my own and the lifestyle it brings me! :)

5.  I know how to knit.

IMG_4865

I have a pretty short attention span, but I’ve knit a lot of smaller projects like dishcloths, scarves, and coasters.  I’ve always been an arts and crafts person… in fact, I used to watch Martha Stewart in the mornings instead of Sesame Street when I was like 4 or 5 years old!  I’ve made bracelets, homemade cards and stationary, pressed flowers, purses, etc.  I’m not quite as into crafts as I was before, but I still love being creative!

6.  My favorite places to shop for clothes are Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Buckle, Abercrombie and Fitch, Gap, and Express.  Here’s the Urban Outfitters that’s on State Street in Madison that I took a picture of on my phone yesterday morning:

urban

7.  I played the piano (took piano lessons) for 11 years.  I started in kindergarten and took lessons through my Sophomore year in high school.  I think I realized that I didn’t really enjoy the lessons anymore, and it was to the point where I could basically play anything you put in front of me.  I’m the type of who enjoys playing piano just for fun, so I ended lessons as a Sophomore and just continued to play on my own with sheet music and whatnot.  I haven’t played for quite a long time now since I’ve been in college, but piano is something that comes back to you pretty quickly once you sit down and start playing.

So there’s your 7 Random Things!  Now I’ll tag a few wonderful bloggers with this award:

• Lesley – She’s such a wonderful, down-to-earth person, and we like to share our weather reports with each other. ;)
  • Jenny – This lady is seriously AMAZING!  She’s sweet, kind, fun-loving, and has the biggest heart EVER.  That, and an sense of fashion I can totally relate to. :)
  • Jess – This girl is SUCH a sweetheart!  She just turned 16 and is living a healthy, well-balanced life as a high school student.
  • Averie – AMAZING woman doing it all – mother, blogger, wife, career woman, fitness expert, baker.  She tells it like it is and I love her for it!
  • Carrie – She’s upbeat, energetic, and just a positive young woman.  Her posts show off her sense of humor, and she’s always making me smile!

What’s something random about YOU???

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

Matt @ The Athlete's PlateNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 8:35 am

Apples are the best! Honeycrisp FTW!

Lesley Lifting LifeNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 8:36 am

Thanks, Heather!!! :) Haha, I don’t know what I would do without someone to share the weather with!! Maybe we should have been meteorologists or storm chasers?

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and HopeNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 9:36 am

Never too late to switch careers! ;)

movesnmunchiesNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 9:19 am

ahh thank you for the TAG!!!!!!! you rock! im jealous you can knit!! i could never get that down!

PeggyNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 9:43 am

We tend to always have either apple or bananas around the kitchen! Lately it’s been blood oranges though – can’t resist them when they’re on sale!

AlexandraNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 9:46 am

I loooove me some apples, too! They’re by far my favorite fruit! And, I’m not gonna lie, seeing that Urban Outfitters picture realllllyyy makes me wanna go shopping there pronto haha

KimberleyNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 11:57 am

Interesting facts girl!

I am obssessed with reading and my favourite food is any type of fruit I dont think I could pick one :)

Johanna BNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I’m a reader, too. Librarians usually are. I checked your favorites and saw The Power of Now. It’s a powerful book. Have you heard the song by Dave Carroll? It’s based on the book and I love to listen to it when I need encouragement. Thought you might like it too.

Johanna BNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Oops, I tried to put the link in my comment. Didn’t know it would put the video there as well. My bad.

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and HopeNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 5:35 pm

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! What an inspirational song. Thank you SO much for sharing this Johanna B.

keepnthefaithNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Wow thats a lot of apples :) My hubby and I go through apples so quickly, but we go through bananas even quicker! I just bought a bunch on thursday and they were already gone by Sunday. Oops lol

Food & Other ThingsNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 5:06 pm

That’s so cool you know how to knit, I’ve always wanted to learn! And I love apples, Galas are my favorite!

marathonmaidenNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 9:31 pm

my crisper looks like that too :) it helps that apples, like, rarely go bad!

Amanda (tomboy that wears makeup)No Gravatar April 6, 2011 at 9:27 am

I love all the different kinds of apples you have! I usually always just get gala! Good for you and your independency! You have a ton of charisma:) oh and we like the same stores…. xo

MeredithNo Gravatar April 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm

oh wow, as a floridan, i can’t imagine living with all of that snow in your car picture! yikes!

JessNo Gravatar April 6, 2011 at 9:11 pm

awww!! thanks so much!! you are so sweet :) hope you had a great Monday!!